Creating a Grooming Appointment
These instructions will walk you through creating a new Grooming Appointment within your software. You can create an appointment using the Create Appointment button in the top left, from almost anywhere in the software.
- Click on the Create Appointment button in the top left.
- If you are creating an appointment for a new client and pet, click on the + Quick Create Customer & Pets button. If this appointment is for an existing customer or pet, skip to step 3.
- This will open a new window for you to enter the basic required information to create a new customer and pet. If you simply want to add a new pet to an existing customer, you also have the option to select an existing customer from the drop down menu.
- If you would like to add more than one pet under this client, click on the + Add Additional Pet button on the bottom right.
- Once all necessary customer and pet information has been added, click on Save and Add to Appointment at the top or bottom of the window.
- Use the Search for a Pet or Customer search bar to find and add the desired pet to the appointment. If this appointment has more than one pet, a click to add another pet drop down menu will appear above the previously added pet.
If any of the pets have a Warning, or a Missing or Expired Status/Vaccination, they will be displayed beneath the pet’s name with a red triangle exclamation icon.
- Select the Grooming Service Type from the drop down menu.
- Select a Groomer from the new Groomer drop down menu.
- Click on the Service, Inventory, and Packages drop down menu and start typing or scroll down to find the desired Grooming Service(s) from the list. If you aren’t sure how to add new Grooming Services take a look at this article.
- The service selected will be added to the appointment, displaying the current quantity and its Total Price and Total Duration. Editing the quantity will adjust the price and duration accordingly.
- Once the all Grooming services have been added to the appointment, you must first select the desired Start Date.
- Then select the Start Time (pet drop-off) and End Time (pet pick-up).
- Once all of these options have been set, you will see the Total price displayed, based on the sum of all Services and Items added to the appointment.
- At this point you have all of the necessary information entered to Save the appointment by clicking on the Save or Save and Pay button in the top right corner of the appointment window.
Selecting the Save button will simply save the appointment and add it to the selected Groomer’s Grooming Calendar.
Selecting the Save and Pay option will save the appointment and take you directly to the Checkout and Payment screen. For instructions on how to use the Payments and Checkout screen go here.
If you wish to add any Appointment Notes, Pet’s Belongings, or Tasks for this appointment, you can do so using the fields present below the Total. If you are not familiar with Tasks you can read about them here.
The Appointment Notes and Pet’s Belongings entered will be specific to this appointment and will not appear when this pet added to a new appointment.
Tasks appear based on the pets added to the appointment. New Tasks can be added for a pet on the appointment, directly through the appointment creation window, by clicking on the + New Task button.
Did you find this article helpful?